Although CBD has become quite popular over the last few years, FDA has still not recognized it as a medicine that can be prescribed. The market for CBD is still in the evolving stage and therefore, you may not get the CBD of similar nomenclature or description with the same level of effectiveness.
Therefore, it is always better to buy any CBD product from a well-recognized CBD store like JustCbdStore, from where you are likely to get good quality CBD-based products. If you are a regular user, you could also learn how to make gummies at home.
Everyone is different
Not only you will get CBD products on the market that may have a different level of effectiveness. At the same time, every one of us is also different from each other. We may differ in our weight, metabolism, diet, genetics, the environment we grew, and many more and hence it is almost impossible to prescribe a dosage that is right for all.
There is no mathematical CBD calculator developed that can be offered to the public so that they can decide their own dosage based on their own parameters. It is really difficult at the moment to decide that as long as no standardization exists in the CBD market.
Therefore, most people usually start with a minimum possible dosage and then gradually increase it till they reach a threshold level when they begean to experience a little benefit from the product.
How much CBD oil one should take?
As per the opinion of the Mayo Clinic, CBD dosages are based on a few scientific research, traditional use, publications, and also expert opinion. Most of the cannabinoid dosages and their duration of treatment will depend mainly on the actual type of illness and several other factors.
We are providing here a chart obtained from Mayo Clinic about specific dosage recommendations made by them for various illnesses:
- Appetite loss in case of cancer patients: THC of 2.5mg (orally), with/without CBD of 1mg for 6 weeks.
- Chronic pain: CBD of 2.5 to 20mg (with or without any THC) orally.
- Epilepsy: CBD of 200 to 300mg daily by taking an oral dose
- Movement problems because of Huntington’s disease: CBD of 10mg/kg of body weight of the patient daily for 6 weeks (orally).
- Sleep disorders: CBD of 40mg to 160mg (orally).
- Multiple sclerosis symptoms: Cannabis plant extracts that containing 2.5 to 120 mg of a combination of THC/CBD taking daily for 2 to 15 weeks. Typically, a patient may use 8 sprays within any 3 hours. A maximum of 48 sprays taking any time within 24 hours.
- Schizophrenia: CBD of 40 to 1,280mg oral dose daily.
- Glaucoma: A single sublingual dose of CBD of 20 to 40mg ( more than 40 mg may often cause an increase in eye pressure).
Therefore, while taking your CBD dose you must choose a particularly well-known brand whose quality and effectiveness that you can trust. Most reliable brands will always offer a third-party test report of their product which will offer an unbiased report that you can trust.
Once you have established your dosage by using a particular manufacturer or brand then you must stick to that brand only.